Our Psychologists help your child to develop coping strategies and skills for life’s challenges. In a therapy session, our Psychologists work with a play-based approach and help children in all aspects of development, including challenging behaviours and emotional regulation, social and play development, life skills such as toileting and sleeping, and of course, mental health concerns such as separation anxiety, low mood, self confidence, and self esteem.  Working with parents to provide ongoing support, skills and strategies to use at home and school, is a critical part of our work.

At Shine Kids Therapy Clinic our Psychologists are here to help. They are highly trained and skilled at what they do. Our Psychologists conduct individual therapy and counselling sessions, group programs, parent and school training, and all aspects of education. Our Psychologists are happy to visit a child’s school or kindergarten to help implement and support the strategies or programs that have been developed from a child’s therapy sessions.

We also offer a wide range of formal assessment services, such as ADHD, Autism, anxiety, developmental delay, as well as cognitive, academic, dyslexia assessments, and gifted education.

How Psychologists help:

Psychologists work with children and their families in the following main areas:

  • Challenging behaviours, such as aggression, violence, adjustment difficulties, rigidity.
  • Anxiety, such as separation and social anxieties, phobias, avoidance of situations, school refusal.
  • Emotional regulation delays such as low mood, rigidity, sadness and crying, depression.
  • Attention and learning difficulties, such as hyperactivity, impulse control, developmental issues associated with dyslexia, auditory processing.
  • Self confidence and self esteem.
  • Social skills.
  • Parent support and skill development sessions.
  • A complete range of assessment services.

Do I need a Referral?

You don’t need a referral to see a Psychologist. Just contact our friendly admin team for assistance or to make an appointment with one of our Psychologists. If you would like to claim Medicare rebates for your child’s sessions or for yourself, then you will need to visit your GP for the appropriate paperwork prior to attending an appointment.