Peaceful Kids is a mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to lessen anxiety and stress in children. The programs helps parents and children to come together, build emotional resiliency, and to provide strategies to better equip children to deal with day to day stressors that life can bring.
The aims of the Peaceful Kids Program is to:
- minimise the symptoms of anxiety and stress
- build emotional resilience
- empower children to self-manage their anxiety
- teach children mindfulness exercises that they can use everyday
- build a reservoir of strength to enable children to cope with life more effectively
- to minimise anxiety symptoms occurring in the future
- to teach children to use a range of effective coping strategies
- to teach children to self calm
- to develop emotional intelligence
- to support children so they know they are not alone when experiencing strong emotions.
The Program runs for 8 weeks for children aged 8 to 12 years of age.
In the program the children will learn the basic theory of mindfulness and the effects of stress on the brain. Children will also learn about their feelings and how different ways of using mindfulness can impact on their feelings. Children will increase their understanding of anxiety and how it personally relates to them, as well as triggers for stress and how to deal with it in the moment.